Our aim at the Lewisham Irish Community Centre is to relieve poverty, sickness and distress; and to welcome people of all ages to experience and learn about Irish culture and heritage. We extend our hospitality to the many people from diverse and cultural backgrounds that live in the borough and to people from surrounding areas.
Funders and supporters
The main sources of funding are London Borough of Lewisham and the Irish Government’s Emigrant Support Programme. Further income is generated through hall hire, social events, membership fees and other fundraising activities.
Community Services, Clubs & Classes
• Free advice, information, and counseling for Irish people and their descendants
• Free legal advice courtesy of Ewing’s & Co Solicitors
• Specialist support for Lewisham’s Travellers
• An award-winning childminder club and parent and toddler playgroup
• Step dancing, Set dancing and Céili dancing classes for all
• Traditional Irish Music classes & sessions
• Irish language classes for all
• Modern kitchen and large hall available for hire